NONAPPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
88 th FORCE SUPPORT SQUADRON
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, OHIO
This position is seasonal and is scheduled to start working on or about 1 Apr 17, weather permitting.
1. Troubleshoots and repairs the electrical and hydraulic controls of the automatic water system by: Testing, repairing or replacing motors, solenoids, microswitches, power springs and components of the automatic clocks. Making splices and repairing electrical wiring and hydraulic tubing, Following all manufacturers recommendations and all electrical codes. Using electrical testers and tools.
2. Tests turfwater needs with moisture meters and updates/inputs computer central with data. Coordinates weather station data to eliminate wet and dry spots.
3. Installs, tests and repairs 600 sprinkler heads, keeping them properly adjusted for optimum water utilization. Installs, tests and repairs approximately 15 miles of underground high pressure irrigation pipe from ½ inch to 8 inch. Also all valves risers, fountains and controls associated with the irrigation system on the Military Golf Course.
4. Inspects, adjusts and maintains the pumping station and wells feeding the golf course system. Involves electronic panels, meters and panels and imputing data into computer central.
5. Coordinates system blowdown and spring pressurization and assuring proper operation of the system at all times.
6. Operates farm-type tractor with a variety of attachments (mowers, rollers, seeder, spreaders, etc.) which must be manipulated (setting depth of plow blades or heights of mower blades) as tractor is in use. Operates other golf course maintenance equipment, including pick-up trucks, dump truck, fork lift, and loader and scooters.
7. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment; troubleshoots equipment problems and reports them to mechanic. Grinds and performs minor repair on mowers and related equipment.
8. Selects and applies pesticides/chemicals to golf course turf, keeping in mind the safety of golfers.
9. Passes on instructions to other works, gets work started and assigns tasks. Checks work in progress and reports to supervisor on any problems or on completions of assignments.
- Experience in the repair of electrical systems, preferably irrigation systems with electrical controls.
- Must have ability to trace and repair controls using test equipment and to read wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to operate farm type tractor, with attachments, and other various motor vehicles (pick-up truck, fork lifts, front end loader).
- Must possess a valid vehicle operators license. This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- Must be able to lift up to 90lbs.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS:
All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit. This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by- case basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested parties must apply thru NAFJobs.org. Prior military service requires a DD-214, Member Copy 4, included with your application package. Selection will be based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.
For additional information, please visit our website: www.NAFJobs.org Or call 937-257- 4173
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER