Miami View Golf Club
8411 Harrison Pike
Miamitown, Oh 45002
Golf Course and Grounds Superintendent
August 18, 17
- Previous experience as a head Golf Course Superintendent or at least 5 years as an assistant superintendent
- 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field
- A bachelor’s degree with a 2 year certification from a Turfgrass/Golf Course Management program
About the Company:
- Miami View Golf Club is a private, member owned golf club situated on beautiful rolling hills above the Great Miami River in Miamitown, Ohio in Greater Cincinnati. MV was established in 1960. William Diddell was the architect with many charter members contributing to the original construction. MV has a full membership with a small waiting list. The club has stood the test of time and it continues to pride itself on its quality conditioned golf course. With the upgrades, better maintenance and improvements to the golf course Miami View provides our members a well-groomed, beautiful and challenging golfing experience.
- Reports to the Greens Committee Chairperson and Board of Directors.
- The Golf Course and Grounds Superintendent is responsible for all operations related to the golf course, grounds and all equipment needed to deliver excellence.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: turfgrass management, staff management, equipment management, golf course maintenance operations, budget forecasting and expenditures, proper water management, proper pesticide applications which include recording & compliance with state and local regulations, direct communications with the Golf Professional and Green’s Chairperson about course operations.
- Maintain the golf course and its playability to the satisfaction of the Club’s Board of Directors, Green Committee & membership.
- Have the vision and drive for the golf course’s continued improvement, development and conditioning, while maintaining today’s high standards of playability.
- Administer and enforce all club rules, regulations and personnel policies.
- Recruit, supervise & coordinate the scheduling of the golf course staff including hiring, training, evaluating and disposition of employees.
- Oversee the maintenance, scheduling and repair of all golf course maintenance equipment.
- Responsible for inventory & cost control for maintaining the golf course.
- Develop annual budget & plans for the maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Provide recommendations for improvements & capital equipment expenditures for the golf course, those of which will continue the growth & development of the club.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors & Greens Committee to operate the golf course in a fiscally responsible & professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Have computer skills necessary to manage the course and to communicate with membership.
- Design landscape plans for facility grounds & is able to implement the plans.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and pesticide application certificate.
- Knowledge of managing high-end quality playing conditions in transition zone.
- Knowledge of use and operating of all standard golf course equipment.
- Pass a drug and background check
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing & application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf and be a golfer.
- Knowledge of proper irrigation system controls, maintenance and installation.
- Knowledge of small on-course construction planning, budgeting and implementation.
- High level of dedication to the golf course conditions and course improvements.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically with the Board of directors and members.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include: health insurance, paid vacation, education and seminar fees, association dues and a matching 401K plan.
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Return responses to Jim.email@example.com or mail to Miami View Golf Club, 8411 Harrison Pike, Cleves, Oh 45002