BROWNS RUN COUNTRY CLUB
Chemical/Irrigation Tech/Assistant in Training
Two years experience required.
Visit Browns Run CC on Facebook for more information
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Assists the Golf Course Superintendent in the operation of the golf maintenance programs and has authority over personnel and work operations.
Applicant reviews will be completed weekly during this announcement period.
- Assists with the golf cart fleet, golf course greens/tees, practice areas, ranges, irrigation systems, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, on-course restroom facilities, wooded areas, unused acreage and maintenance vehicles and equipment.
- Assists in planning the maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Diagnosis and assists with prevention of golf courses turf diseases.
- Determines application of grass seed and/or sprigs, plant nutritional products, plant control products, soil and sand mixtures sufficient to maintain course within regulatory and industry standards. Assists in budgeting for equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain golf course properties.
- Exercises cost control measures
- Provides advice on golf course greens.
- Plans/Organizes in-service training programs about safety and the proper methods of motorized turf equipment and application of plant control products.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10715828
This position requires a background investigation to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 03/06/2020
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Must have experience in golf course maintenance such as, but not limited to: turf propagation, cultivation, course equipment, irrigation and drainage systems, horticulture, insect/pest control, and various turf diseases/remedies
- Knowledge of personnel management principles/policies in order to manage staff
- Knowledge of grass, seeds, sprigs, plant nutritional products, plant control products, and soil/sand mixtures
- Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America rating of a Class C, is desirable
- Able to obtain state/federal certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
$14.64-19.00 per hour
Click here for the full job description or to apply
Contact Shannon Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pepper Pike Club
Pepper Pike, Ohio
We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive individual who aspires to become a golf course superintendent. The applicant needs to have a strong work ethic and willing to learn, lead by example and work to better themselves as well as the crew around them. The chosen applicant will work and be able to perform all aspects of the course: set-up, maintenance, irrigation, cultural practices, fertilize, GPS spraying, record keeping, training....
The Pepper Pike Club is a private 18 hole course designed by William Flynn in 1924. The course is about 20 miles east of Cleveland on a beautiful picturesque 260 acre piece of property. We are currently in the third year of a five year restoration plan working with Ian Andrew as the architect to bring the course back to the original intent of the design. Ian has maintained Flynn's integrity in the golf course while enhancing the natural features of the topography. Pepper is an exclusive membership with golf and dinning only. The greens, tees and fairways are poa/bent surfaces. The maintenance crew is approximately 25 employees during the peak of the season.
The applicant will be exposed to working with the superintendent, architect and construction crew throughout the restoration project while maintaining the course for member play. We work along side with the crew as well as doing many of the improvement projects in house. The work that remains to be finished is a few bunkers, many new tee's as well as reshaping and alignment, tree work and fairway expansions. There is plenty of drainage, sod work and leveling and reshaping yet to completed.
Graduation from a 2 - 4 year college in turf management or related field is preferred.
The ideal candidate would have at least five years of golf course experience. Preferably be a licensed applicator with leadership abilities.
401K with generous match
Heath and dental
OTF and National Convention attendence
Green Committee and USGA visit attendance
We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive individual who aspires to become a golf course superintendent. The applicant needs to have a strong work ethic and willing to learn, lead by example and work to better themselves as well as the crew around them.
$45,000 - 52,000 DOE
Send Resumes To:
Sycamore Creek Country Club is looking to fill the 2nd Assistant Superintendent position. The 2nd Assistant works directly with the Golf Course Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent to direct and participate in the maintenance of the golf course areas, including but not limited to, tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The 2nd Assistant Superintendent may open the maintenance shop and run operations in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
Strongly motivated to align and partner with staff to complete all tasks to the highest standards and achieve team goals.
Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
Knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in grounds construction, landscaped area maintenance work and building maintenance and improvement.
Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications as specified by supervisor.
Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
Knowledge of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf.
Ability to follow oral and written directions.
Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system.
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Ability to obtain an Ohio Pesticide Applicator License.
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience.
Health, Vision and Dental insurance.
Discounted meals at clubhouse.
Dues paid to local and national associations
The City of Dayton is seeking a Golf Maintenance Crew Leader, primarily for Kittyhawk Golf Center.
$42,972.80 - $58,198.40 per year
Must meet one of the following:
1. Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) AND currently employed for 6 consecutive months or more with the City of Dayton in a classified Civil Service position AND 3 years of experience in golf construction, irrigation and maintenance at a City of Dayton golf course; OR
2. Associates degree in Agronomy, Turf Management, or related field AND 3 years of experience in golf construction, irrigation and maintenance.
Degree must be from a college or university that is accredited by the U.S. Department of Education through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Higher Learning Commission or equivalent region.
This is a tested position. Interested applicants must apply and register for the test which will be held on Friday, February 28th.
Dayton Country Club
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Irrigation repair, pesticide application, equipment operation, staff training, snow removal, chainsaw operation, landscaping, equipment maintenance, and any other discipline associated with turf management. Turf students, or those with an interest in the turf industry, will have additional opportunities for advancement and training.
Hourly wage of $12.00/hr and up D.O.E.
Benefits include available health care, 401K, personal days, lunch, golf, discount in the golf shop, uniforms, good times.
Ryan D’Autremont - Golf Course Superintendent
Miami Valley GCSAPO Box 422Powell, Ohio 43065