Brown’s Run Country Club
6855 Sloebig Road
Middletown, Oh 45042
Previous experience as a head Golf Course Superintendent or at least 5 years as an assistant superintendent
- 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field
- A bachelor’s degree with a 2 year certification from a Turfgrass/Golf Course Management program
About the Company:
Brown's Run Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Madison Township, Ohio
Brown's Run Country Club was established in 1956 when a group of Middletonians utilized the rolling terrain of the Niderdale Dairy Farm to build a golf course. The course, designed by William & David Gordon opened for play in 1958. For over a half century Brown's Run is still a member-owned club.
Brown's Run features bent grass fairways, and it is a par 72 that stretches over more than 6,830 yards. Four sets of tees accommodate all skills levels. The USGA rates the course as 73.1 with a slope rating of 123. The classic tree-lined fairways place a priority on accuracy and shot placement.
· Reports to the Golf Director and General Manager.
· The Golf Course and Grounds Superintendent is responsible for all operations related to the golf course, grounds and all equipment needed to deliver excellence.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to: turfgrass management, staff management, equipment management, golf course maintenance operations, budget forecasting and expenditures, proper water management, proper pesticide applications which include recording & compliance with state and local regulations, direct communications with the Golf Director and Green’s Chairperson about course operations.
· Maintain the golf course and its playability to the satisfaction of the Club’s Board of Directors, Green Committee & membership.
· Maintain Har-Tru tennis courts and swimming pool grounds.
· Have the vision and drive for the golf course’s continued improvement, development and conditioning, while maintaining today’s high standards of playability.
· Administer and enforce all club rules, regulations and personnel policies.
· Recruit, supervise & coordinate the scheduling of the golf course staff including hiring, training, evaluating and disposition of employees.
· Oversee the maintenance, scheduling and repair of all golf course maintenance equipment.
· Responsible for inventory & cost control for maintaining the golf course.
· Develop annual budget & plans for the maintenance and capital improvement projects.
· Provide recommendations for improvements & capital equipment expenditures for the golf course, those of which will continue the growth & development of the club.
· Work closely with the Golf Director & Greens Committee to operate the golf course in a fiscally responsible & professional manner.
· Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
· Have computer skills necessary to manage the course and to communicate with membership.
· Design landscape plans for facility grounds & is able to implement the plans.
· Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and pesticide application license.
· Knowledge of managing high-end quality playing conditions in transition zone.
· Knowledge of use and operating of all standard golf course equipment.
· Pass a drug and background check
· Knowledge of safe use, mixing & application of chemicals and commercial products.
· Knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf and be a golfer.
· Knowledge of proper irrigation system controls, maintenance and installation.
· Knowledge of small on-course construction planning, budgeting and implementation.
· High level of dedication to the golf course conditions and course improvements.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically with the Board of directors and members.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience. Benefits include: 2 weeks paid vacation and education and seminar fees.
March 15, 2018
Return responses and questions to email@example.com