Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Assists the Golf Course Superintendent in the operation of the golf maintenance programs and has authority over personnel and work operations.
Applicant reviews will be completed weekly during this announcement period.
- Assists with the golf cart fleet, golf course greens/tees, practice areas, ranges, irrigation systems, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, on-course restroom facilities, wooded areas, unused acreage and maintenance vehicles and equipment.
- Assists in planning the maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Diagnosis and assists with prevention of golf courses turf diseases.
- Determines application of grass seed and/or sprigs, plant nutritional products, plant control products, soil and sand mixtures sufficient to maintain course within regulatory and industry standards. Assists in budgeting for equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain golf course properties.
- Exercises cost control measures
- Provides advice on golf course greens.
- Plans/Organizes in-service training programs about safety and the proper methods of motorized turf equipment and application of plant control products.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10715828
This position requires a background investigation to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 03/06/2020
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Must have experience in golf course maintenance such as, but not limited to: turf propagation, cultivation, course equipment, irrigation and drainage systems, horticulture, insect/pest control, and various turf diseases/remedies
- Knowledge of personnel management principles/policies in order to manage staff
- Knowledge of grass, seeds, sprigs, plant nutritional products, plant control products, and soil/sand mixtures
- Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America rating of a Class C, is desirable
- Able to obtain state/federal certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
$14.64-19.00 per hour
Click here for the full job description or to apply
Contact Shannon Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami Valley GCSAPO Box 422Powell, Ohio 43065