2020 MIAMI VALLEY MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
Click here to view the Pods & Points
Click here to submit results of your match
One player must submit the results of their match immediately after completion!
PLAYER CONTACT INFORMATION WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL. BECAUSE OF PRIVACY CONCERNS, WE WILL NOT POST THIS INFORMATION IN A PUBLIC SETTING.
ALL THREE OF YOUR POD MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED BY AUGUST 11, 2020.
FOUR TEAMS WILL ADVANCE TO THE TOURNAMENT BRACKET TO COMPETE FOR THE 2020 CHAMPIONSHIP! THE TEAM WITH THE MOST POINTS FROM EACH POD WILL ADVANCE PLUS ONE WILD CARD TEAM (DETAILS BELOW).
RULES OF THE 2020 MVGCSA MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP:
- Format of play is Four-Ball (same as last year, but scoring is different; see below for scoring information
- Each player will receive 80% of their course handicap (contact Brian Laurent if you need assistance calculating your handicaps)
- Scoring will be based on points this year (instead of trying to close out your opponent). Points are earned in the following manner:
- Win a Hole = 1 point
- Tie a Hole = 0.5 point
- Lose a Hole = 0 points
- Individual scores from your matches must be posted WITHIN TWO (2) DAYS as TOURNAMENT scores according to the rules of the USGA. Scores can be posted via the GHIN mobile app or online at GHIN.com.
If the event committee is made aware of any player not posting their score within two days of their match, the player may be required to play any upcoming matches at 50% of their handicap until all scores are posted.
- Following your match, one player must submit the results by completing the online form in its entirety.
- In the case that a match cannot be completed because of weather, the remaining holes will be scored as halved. A minimum of 14 holes must already be completed in order for this rule to take effect. If 14 holes are not completed, teams are encouraged to continue where they left off if possible.
POD TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM
If there is a tie for the most points in a pod, the tie will be broken as follows:
1. Head-to-head results of the teams tied
2. If the teams tied their match, the next tie-breaker will be the most points scored in a single match
3. If the teams are still tied, the next tie breaker will be the most points scored in the 3rd match played. If the teams are still tied, we will compare the 2nd match, and so on until the tie is broken
WILD CARD TEAM
One Wild Card team will move on to compete in the Tournament Bracket to determine the 2020 Match Play Champion. The team with the most points from pod play that did not win their pod will advance to bracket play. If there is a tie for these spots, the tie breaker will consist of:
1. Most points earned in the 3rd match
2. Most points earned in the 2rd match
and so on until a winner is determined.
TOURNAMENT BRACKET SEEDING
The teams winning their pods will receive one of the top three seeds based on their point totals. The team with the most points will be the 1 seed and so on. If there are ties for seeding, the same tie breaker used to determine the Wild Card team will be utilized to break such ties.
The Wild Card team will be seeded in the 4th seed.
IN CASE OF CONFLICTS
The event committee does its best to predict any and all scenarios, but if a scenario arises that was not accounted for, the committee will determine the best possible solution. In the case that a committee member is impacted by the decision, they will recuse themselves from the decision making process.
The Match Play Committee Members include:
Jim Dillard, Ryan D'Autremont, Jon Soukup and Brian Laurent